My small Ubiquity for Opera experiment gets another quick update.
This time I added one of my favorite search engines, DuckDuckGo. Despite being a young project, I think it's really interesting, and its results are highly relevant and up-to-date. I like it! Plus, it's a Perl project.
So that's it, I just added the
This new version also fixes an annoying problem with a couple of Google-related search commands, that were showing just 1 result, instead of the default 20 search results. There's so much more that could be improved, but I rarely find the time to work on it…
As always, the updated code is available on the Ubiquity for Opera project page, where you will also find the minified version (~40 kb instead of ~70).
It's been a while since I started working on Ubiquity for Opera. It's my limited, but for me totally awesome, port of Mozilla's Ubiquity project, originally only for Firefox, to the Opera browser.
I had several people ask me through my blog or email to write a version for Google Chrome. And, by popular demand, here it is! To my surprise, it took much less than I had originally thought. I had a few small problems though, from the event handlers, different from Opera UserJS model, to style attributes for dynamically created elements, and other minor things as well.
It's still lacking Ajax/xmlHttpRequest support, but that shouldn't be a huge problem.
I uploaded it to userscripts.org too. You can see it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85550.
The code, as usual, is up on Github
If you try it, I would be interested to know what you think. Have fun!