In my (really little) spare time, I enjoy hacking on fun projects.
Lately, I have been struggling to get Win32::API Perl module to work on Vista with various MSVC++ and GCC compilers.
Since many have asked for it, and some brave soul had an old patch available on the net, I decided to give it a shot. I had already tried 2 or 3 times to get this patch (originally for v0.41) integrated in the new Win32::API versions, but always failed at it.
Today I decided to take the full journey, and seems I succeeded. Probably I broke something else… :-)
Please bare with me. Anyway, I have 2 things left in this release that I want to address in the new one:
– There's a Borland C macro def that is completely broken (thanks to BrowserUk for noticing)
– I need to complete the stack cleanup assembler code at the end of Call() function in the XS code. This should be easy, for some definition of "easy", since I already have some examples of MSVC/GCC assembler code in my RT queue.
Stay tuned for further updates…