I had the need to test a new My Opera API module that is soon coming out. Since this module, to be named
Net::MyOpera, is modeled exactly after Net::Twitter, I tried changing my example script replacing all
Net::MyOpera occurrencies to
Net::Twitter. And there you go, a Twitter command line client was born.
I know, there's plenty of them already, and as I said, I didn't really need one, but since it's there already, it's nice to have it. So I saved it into my
~/bin folder, and aliased to
tw, so whenever I feel the urge to communicate stupid things to the universe, I can now do that. Ehm wait… :-)
The code is out on Github.
As always, there's a hidden (poor) excuse for this. And it's that I'm working to port this Twitter command line client to Perl6. OAuth support needs a good deal of modules that are not immediately available for Perl6, so it's going to be exciting.
First we're going to need are Digest::SHA1, and Digest::HMAC for the HMAC-SHA1 signatures. These modules are not impossible to write, except currently there's a problem using Parrot libraries from Perl6.
I'm trying to do the same for my Perl6 Digest::MD5 module, but I'm stumbling on the following error:
t/perl5-compat.t ... Null PMC access in find_method('signature')
in 'Digest::MD5::md5_hex' at line 11:lib/Digest/MD5.pm
in main program body at line 17:t/perl5-compat.t
t/perl5-compat.t ... Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
I will need some help on this :-)